Family forms the most important part of an individual’s life. Any kind of tension in the family ties leads to depression and sorrow. Due to constantly increasing workloads and pressures to prove oneself, individuals hardly get time to spend with their family members. This leads to gap in communication and eventual fights. This is where the counseling service in Alberta can help solve various emotional conflicts within the family.
Out of the several issues, marriage is the most prominent, which requires delicate and skillful handling. The essentials of a good and sound marriage are love, communication, faith, trust, and commitment towards each other. The problems faced by the couples are better resolved when they are within the context of the couples’ relationship. A couple which is undergoing emotional turmoil seeks advice and help of professionals to smooth things between them. This kind of advice is called counseling.
When couples apply for counseling sessions, the counselor first tries to locate the problem. The counselors then try to mediate between the husband and the wife to bring out their opinions and points of difference. The counseling sessions provide the couples with the apt platform to talk about their views openly. This in turn facilitates them in understanding what the other was thinking and feeling all this while. The communication gap that was present at the starting of the counseling lessens with each successive session.
Marriage And Family Counseling in Alberta
We all have problems in our life. Especially, when it comes to marriage, every married relationships faces tough situation. During such tough times we may ended up in a hot discussion or quarrel with our partner or spouse. The situation could be big or small, but when things get out of control many of us give up and decide to end the relationship. Most of us don't even realize that there is still a hope to save the precious relationship, to save the precious marriage. Out of many such possible solutions to save the marriage is to seek a professional relationship therapist or marriage counselor who can give an expert marriage counseling advice that can really help to strengthen the relationship bond between the two couples.
Most of the people find such services slow and expensive. However, that's not a true story. Marriage counseling advice certainly proves to be efficient and effective to regain and maintain the healthy relationship. The counseling sessions are taking by a professional relationship counselors or relationship therapist who are licensed and have gone through an extensive array of training for providing relationship advice. They have years of experience and are trained to be in a neutral manner throughout the session, ensuring to help couples to solve their conflicts in the healthiest manner.
All the couples who faces tough situation in their relationships should consider of seeking marriage counseling advice at least for once. Almost every couple who undergoes through the marriage counseling (taken by a professional therapist) is given a hope to bring back their happy relationship.
If you want to seek for a professional relationship advice, there are certain things that you should remember.
- Ensure to seek a professional and certified relationship therapist / marriage counselor. If possible than make a background check about the years of experience that your counselor is having.
- You should be open and ready to share your problems to your marriage counselor / relationship therapist.
- You and your partner both should be willing to share communicate and listen to each other.
A lot of couples feels insecurity and are afraid to reveal their emotions to the counselor. This should not be. Remember that a professional marriage counselor or relationship therapists are licensed. They have gone through years of extensive training on how to deal with couples and remain in neutral manner throughout the counseling sessions. Most importantly, they are bound to keep the secret and are trained to provide effective advice in the healthiest way.
Besides, there are many online couples networking websites providing effective marriage counseling advice to the couples. Such a professional couples networking website is equipped with a professional team of relationship therapists and is focused to unify and strengthen the relationship bond between the couples.
Christian Counselors in the Church - Partners in Caring
This is a simple three stage approach to counseling. This process is for when someone comes to you with a problem or wanting to talk about something. It is for the 'normal neurotics like you and me", not for dealing with people with serious psychiatric conditions.
It avoids giving advice (a trap for any counseling approach). If you stick to this approach you will do no harm and will probably do much good.
Stage One: Listening
Listening means understanding the content and the feelings that go with it.
Cerebral understanding is not enough.
Never make a statement that defines the issue or the other person's feelings; ask instead. Not, "You're feeling . . . " but instead, "Are you feeling . . ? ". Not, "The issue is . . ." but instead, "You think the problem is . . ." or, "The way you see it is . . . ". At this stage it may be enough to say "uh-huh" or nod your head.
This stage ends when the person starts talking about the issues behind the problem. You will know you have done well when you get agreement to your suggestions of what the issue is and the feeling behind it.
Stage Two: Exploratory Listening
When the person talking to you feels heard they will move on to deeper things. At this stage you can start asking exploratory questions. Asking if they have felt this way before; What they have tried to do in similar situations - whether it worked or not; Whether there are other thoughts and feelings that are going on for them. You can, if you see something clearly, offer observations of what you see. Things like, "You seem happy/sad/angry . . ." and so on. Even here it is probably better to ask a question than to make a statement.
The critical issue at this stage is to stay in touch with their feelings at the depth they are feeling them.
If you can't do this, let them know; don't fake it. You can something like, "Sorry, I can't handle this right now." They will appreciate this more than pretending (and they'll always know if you are just pretending).
This stage ends when the issue is seen differently, a new insight is achieved.
Stage Three: Doing Different Things
Once they see things differently they can start to do things differently, or at least plan to.
The temptation when anyone comes to you with a problem is to try and jump to this stage immediately. This is a mistake. What is needed is the time to explore what is going on and to see it in a new way.
At this stage you can make suggestions of what has worked for you.
Don't get trapped into playing "Yes, but . . .".
If they give reasons why your suggestions won't work, don't argue. Instead, ask what they have tried, why it didn't work, and what they can do differently this time.
You may want to organize that they can check in with you so that they monitor how they are going with their new way of doing things.
This stage ends when they try out new behaviour with you or when they have a plan of the new behaviour they want to try with others.
This process is almost entirely about listening.
The other person always knows more about their own situation than you do.
Never offer advice about what they should do. In the third stage you may wish to say what has worked for you if you have dealt with a similar issue yourself.
With a little practice you can get quite good quite quickly at this process. You may well become someone people come to 'for advice'. As long as you do stick to this process, and don't offer advice, you will do much good and help many people.
- Professional Counseling Services in Calgary Alberta
- Counseling Services in Edmonton Alberta
- Relationship Counseling Service in Red Deer Alberta
- Relationship Counseling Service in Lethbridge Alberta
- Counseling Center in Medicine Hat Alberta
- Relationship Counseling Center in Fort McMurray Alberta
- Marriage Family Therapist in Grande Prairie Alberta
- Licensed Marriage And Family Therapist in Airdrie Alberta
- Mental Health Counselor in Spruce Grove Alberta
- Professional Counseling Services in Okotoks Alberta
- Licensed Counselor in Leduc Alberta
- Marriage And Family Counselor in Lloydminster Alberta
- Counseling Services in Camrose Alberta
- Licensed Marriage And Family Therapist in Cochrane Alberta
- Counseling Center in Chestermere Alberta
- Marriage And Family Counselor in Stony Plain Alberta
- Licensed Marriage And Family Therapist in Brooks Alberta
- Licensed Counselor in Grand Centre Alberta
- Family Counseling Center in Beaumont Alberta
- Family Counseling Center in High River Alberta
- Counseling Services in Sylvan Lake Alberta
- Family Counseling Center in Wetaskiwin Alberta
- Marriage Family Therapist in Strathmore Alberta
- Marriage Family Therapist in Lacombe Alberta
- Counseling Services in Canmore Alberta
- Mental Health Counselor in Morinville Alberta
- Counseling Center in Hinton Alberta
- Marriage And Family Counselor in Whitecourt Alberta
- Family Counseling Center in Edson Alberta
- Counseling Services in Olds Alberta
- Licensed Marriage And Family Therapist in Taber Alberta
- Professional Counseling Services in Innisfail Alberta
- Marriage And Family Counselor in Banff Alberta
- Relationship Counseling Service in Coaldale Alberta
- Marriage And Family Counselor in Drayton Valley Alberta
- Counseling Center in Rocky Mountain House Alberta
- Counseling Services in Slave Lake Alberta
- Mental Health Counselor in Ponoka Alberta
- Family Counseling Center in Drumheller Alberta
- Counseling Center in Devon Alberta
- Family Counselling Service in Blackfalds Alberta
- Relationship Counseling Service in Bonnyville Alberta
- Marriage Family Therapist in Wainwright Alberta
- Relationship Counseling Service in Stettler Alberta
- Marriage Family Therapist in Vegreville Alberta
- Counseling Services in St. Paul Alberta
- Family Counseling Center in Didsbury Alberta
- Family Counseling Center in Westlock Alberta
- Counseling Center in Black Diamond Alberta
- Counseling Services in Barrhead Alberta